April 19, 2011
George Soros's Bretton Woods II — The Final Enslavement of Mankind
I posted about this when it was coming up. How George Soros was going to be holding his international conference the weekend of, April 8th to April 11th at Bretton Woods, New Hampshire.
Bretton Woods is the historic site of the 1944 conference, which established the post-World War II international financial system.
Soros spent $50 million dollars at Bretton Woods to bring together up to 200 academic, business and government policy leaders (some from outside the US) to introduce to his Institute for New Economic Thinking (INET).
This meeting was not recognized by the original Bretton Woods Council. Soros' goal in association with a concurrent meeting of the Tri-Lateral Commission, in DC this weekend, is to dismantle our economy, dismiss the head of our current banks and create a new global financial system sabotaging our US currency.
The attendees at this conference included three members of the Rothschild family along with their primary banker, four members of the British parliament, Paul Volcker, Harry Reid, Mitt Romney, David Dewhurst, former British Prime Minister Gordon Brown, and some World Bank executives.
Aaron Klein reports in WND. “Sachs is, a special adviser to U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, is founder and co-president of the Soros-funded Millennium Promise Alliance. He has been a World Bank consultant who formerly directed Harvard’s Institute for International Development, which he turned into a major conduit advocating for World Bank and International Monetary Funds use for structural adjustment programs in the Third World and beyond”.
Mr. Klein then cites from the Investor’s Business Daily.
“A Millennium goal called for a “currency transfer tax,” a “tax on the rental value of land and natural resources,” a “royalty on worldwide fossil energy projection — oil, natural gas, coal,” “fees for the commercial use of the oceans, fees for airplane use of the skies, fees for use of the electromagnetic spectrum, fees on foreign exchange transactions, and a tax on the carbon content of fuels.”
With the Soros influence in this Obama administration is any American safe from the whims of the banksters? Is there the will in Congress to confront the executive abuses of this puppet president?
Just think how much further the dollar has sunk while Chinese reserves have grown to unbelievable levels. No one is saying that a currency crisis is not real. The point is that international finance has the goal to become the credit-funding agent for the entire world.
Dan Gainor from the Media Research Center reveals the plan to put China in the catbird seat.
“INET isn’t subtle about its aims for the conference. Johnson interviewed fellow INET board member Robert Skidelsky about “The Need for a New Bretton Woods” in a recent video. The introductory slide to the video is subtitled: “How currency issues and tension between the US and China are renewing calls for a global financial overhaul.” Skidelsky called for a new agreement and said in the video that the conflict between the United States and China was “at the center of any monetary deal that may be struck, that needs to be struck.”
Panel at Bretton Woods Conference.
“This is the heart of much of our economic catastrophe. Sovereign governments are sacrificing themselves for private banking institutions. Trillions upon trillions of taxpayer dollars, world-wide, are being transferred to banks that have destroyed themselves many times over with their Enron-style Ponzi schemes and ‘creative accounting.’ The question is, how long will people stand for it? Soon it will be too late. So far, Iceland is the ONLY country whose people have made the right choice, while Ireland and Greece have made the devastatingly wrong choice — with Portugal ready to follow suit.”
The significance of the Soros conference at Bretton Woods is that national governments are an endangered species if they do not eliminate the banking cartel that is the primary global dictatorship that faces mankind. The avarice Rothschild culture that underpins the debt created money system is the most dangerous terrorist that seeks to impose the ultimate Global Gulag on every county. The Totalitarian Collectivism we all face is upon us. Soros is an evil man, but the system that he is part of is bent on eliminating or subjugating any regime, like Iceland, that repudiates the rule of banksters.
These financers are admittedly the evil rulers of society. Any attempt to force a singular currency and a universal taxation levee is a fulfillment of the final enslavement of man-kind. Bretton Wood II is an outline for things to come. The debt created money cartel is ready to impose their captivity on sovereign governments. Soros is telegraphing their plan. We are engaged in the final battle for liberty and America is losing the war. The inevitable dollar default is the tool used to sentence you to death row. Now is the time to seek divine guidance and beg for national forgiveness.
4-day George Soros event in New Hampshire aims to remake global system 'as they see fit'
"George Soros has brought together a crack team of the world's top economists and financial thinkers."
"Its aim," continued the business newspaper, "to remake the world's economy as they see fit."
More than two-thirds of the slated speakers at this year's conference have direct ties to Soros.
“The rising powers must be present at the creation of this new system in order to ensure that they will be active supporters.” – George Soros
Charges of a conspiracy theory are a convenient pretext to dismiss criticism when the global financial elites meet to shape the next evolution of centralized control of all economic activity. When Mayer Amschel Rothschild admitted, “Give me the power of the money and it will not matter anymore who is commanding”, he exposed the true nature of international finance. The new front man for the shadow masters of money is George Soros. His visibility is used to deflect attention away from the supra national circle of recluse manipulators, who set the agenda for globalism. The history of world politics is really the chronicle of money, debt and banking. Only by understanding this clash of titans, can one interpret the language of worldwide finance.
It is not often that you get to look into the window of the future before it takes place. The obsession with the political posturing of the torturous grinding process that produces a kosher sausage product causes acute indigestion. Banking is one such example and the INET, The Institute for New Economic Thinking, who sponsored the Bretton Woods II conference is the Neshama gourmet version of ground up animal flesh. Funneling the herd into the corral of a new world currency openly discussed, as the panacea for the coming collapse of international finance, is the height of totalitarian arrogance.
Soros, in The Alchemy of Finance wrote, “To put it bluntly, I fancied myself as some kind of god or an economic reformer like Keynes…. As I made my way in the world, reality came close enough to my fantasy to allow me to admit my secret, at least to myself.”
Some of the attendees and speakers at the INET conference included:
• Gordon Brown, former U.K. Prime Minister.
• Paul Volcker, former Fed Chairman and chairman of President Obama’s Economic Advisory Board.
• Economist Jeffrey Sachs, director of The Earth Institute.
• Joseph E. Stiglitz, former senior vice president and chief economist for the World Bank and Nobel Prize winner in Economics.
• INET Executive Director Rob Johnson, former managing director at Soros Fund Management.
Columbia professor Jeffrey Sachs, who sits on the board of INET is known for his ‘Shock Therapy’. Aaron Klein reports in WND. “Sachs is, a special adviser to U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, is founder and co-president of the Soros-funded Millennium Promise Alliance. He has been a World Bank consultant who formerly directed Harvard’s Institute for International Development, which he turned into a major conduit advocating for World Bank and International Monetary Funds use for structural adjustment programs in the Third World and beyond”.
George is the very man who said killing innocent people in World War Two was the best days of his life. This man was chased out of many countries and has warrants for his arrest in a good number of these nations. This man committed fraud all over the world. George Soros should have been arrested.But was not because he is an agent of the Rothschild Dynasty who owns the Federal Reserve Bank.
Wild Thing's comment........
It is no secret to those of you here that keep up on what is happening in the world. We know that George Soros wants to bring down the United States to its knees. For these public figures to meet against the interest of the People of the United States is a high crime that has to be dealt with.
April 08, 2011
Two George Soros ( Obama's Owner) Events Aim to Remake the Financial Order and the Media -- So Where's the Reporting? ~ If You Love America READ This Write Up
Two George Soros Events Aim to Remake the Financial Order and the Media -- So Where's the Reporting?
Article By Dan Gainor is the Boone Pickens Fellow and the Media Research Center’s Vice President for Business and Culture. He writes frequently for Fox News Opinion. He can also be contacted on FaceBook and Twitter as dangainor.
Apparently, megalomaniacs need schedulers.
Just ask George Soros. The left-wing billionaire is helping fund two major conferences that start on the same day, in two different locations just a three hours apart by car. Two liberal events packed into one long weekend. God created the world in six days. Apparently, Soros, who sees himself as “some kind of god,”needs just a long weekend to start remaking today's world in his image.
The emphasis of both conferences is a familiar one to American voters – change. Soros wants to begin changing the global economy in one event. In the other, his flunkies want to “Change the world. Change the media.”Now that is change you can believe in. Sadly, those who actually report the news must believe in it because they sure as heck aren’t reporting on Soros or either event. And that’s even though staffers or even executives from Reuters, the Financial Times, NPR, PBS, The Washington Post and other major media outlets are speaking at one event or the other.
The first gathering in Bretton Woods, N.H., is an economic conference Soros once described as “a grand bargain that rearranges the entire financial order.” In October 2009, Soros committed $50 million to the Institute for New Economic Thinking (INET). A week later, the glib lefty investor wrote a column calling for a new Bretton Woods event, to recreate the one that helped design the post-WWII economy. Only he wants this one to knock America down a peg or three.
Now, it's been a little over a year later and the group he funded is making King George’s wish come true – bringing together a whole slew of important people to discuss how to change the global economy. In Soros speak, that means “establish new international rules” and “reform the currency system.”
The announced speakers include a lot of prominent lefties, globalists and economists on the board of the organization he has throwing the event – more than two-thirds of the overall total have ties to Soros. To underscore their connection to history, INET is hosting the conference at the Mount Washington Resort, the very same hotel that held the first gathering.
INET Executive Robert Johnson defended his event in a March 31 interview with Lou Dobbs. Johnson, a former managing director at Soros Fund Management, who is on the Board of Directors for the Soros-funded Economic Policy Institute, avoided saying “Soros” despite Dobbs mentioning Johnson’s boss several times. In his last response, he tried to rationalize the Soros connection, by saying “I have a group of funders including George Soros.” With $50 million, Soros alone makes a pretty big group. Of course, Soros will also be speaking in Bretton Woods about “The Emerging Economic and Political Order.”
Just down the road in Boston, a Soros-funded media conference is trying to manipulate that emerging order as well. Close to 350 left-wingers from a variety of organizations are gathering there for the National Conference for Media Reform.
That “change the world” conference includes two commissioners from the FCC, House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi, Sen. Bernie Sanders, four Democratic representatives, the head of Columbia University, and assorted left-wing journalist types, from Salon’s Glenn Greenwald to disgraced former MSNBC host David Shuster, who now works for a Soros-funded investigative operation.
The rest of the list reads like a "Who’s Who" of left-wing organizations and talking heads, including the president of PBS, a senior vice president with American Public Media, an Al Jazeera English executive, the president of the Newspaper Guild – CWA and Washington Post columnist Rob Pegoraro. Many others have Soros connections, such as:
Common Cause, which has been going after conservative Supreme Court justices who have some connection to the Koch brothers. Common Cause seems immune to similar investigations of their own gravy train.
Columbia Journalism Review’s Dean Starkman. He is chief of the review’s “The Audit” section and a 2006 Katrina Media Fellow with the Open Society Institute, the primary Soros charitable foundation.
Free Press, which is holding the conference. Free Press has received more than $1 million from Soros since 2003 and has 18 presenters pushing for things like “strong public media” or an extremely expensive national broadband plan they quaintly describe as “universal access to communications.”
Think Progress’s Koch-hating Lee Fang. Think Progress is a project of Democrat John Podesta’s Center for American Progress, which was founded with Soros money. Fang is on the panel for: “Real Issues vs. Astroturf: Confronting the Koch Brothers,” and makes the laughable claim “this is not about liberals versus conservatives” when the entire goal of the left is to shut down the Kochs to defund the right.
Everywhere you they go in Boston, they’ll be making more left turns than NASCAR. It’s an event filled with lefties dissatisfied that the news media aren’t even more liberal, and their goal will be to make that happen. Whether it’s “Beyond Pronouns: Creating Real Stories About Transgender and Gender Non-Conforming People” or pushing for illegal immigrant rights, the conference is a predictable liberal take on pretty much everything.
But the over-arching theme is getting government to fix the media. Columbia University President Lee Bollinger, whose school also includes the well-known and partly Soros-funded Columbia School of Journalism, is one of several speakers advocating for increased government funding for media. He called for federal funding of the media in a 2010 Wall Street Journal piece with the terrifying headline: “Journalism Needs Government Help.” Bollinger pushed for the creation of a public media that combines NPR, PBS and Voice of America. He also wants to “end to the regulation of ‘indecent’ language and images in broadcast programming” and return to the Fairness Doctrine.
Two other speakers, Free Press founder Robert McChesney and co-author John Nichols, have been pushing for $35 billion a year to fund media. Though their solution has gone from $20 billion a year for three years to $35 billion indefinitely, they are consistent in wanting U.S. media to be more like it is in Europe and oppose the “fantasy of a free-market solution.”
That’s not surprising. Nobel Prize-winning economist Joseph Stiglitz, who is speaking at both conferences, is wildly critical of people who support free markets, or what he calls “free market fundamentalists.” Free markets are directly in opposition with the Soros-funded group think that sees Big Government as merely a starting point for Ever Bigger Government.
This weekend, we get two visions of taxpayer-funded solution, only most in the news media are too short-sighted to see them.
Wild Thing's comment........
Will a Mossad agent please pick up the white courtesy phone!
These Soros meetings are there to acclimate the public to the NWO economic system. The infrastructure for it has been planned and built up for years. This unveiling of it is to coincide with the planned destruction of the US dollar and the American economy.
When the roaches are coming out into the light you know the infestation has reached a saturation point.
Their little problem in knocking off America is that there is nobody else to replace America.
History has shown us that the public will not rise up against the overbearing and overstepping ruling class until conditions are completely unbearable. Great civilizations have fallen time after time for the same basic reasons, but this time it's the entire globe at stake.
My point is that people have always had to actually experience the reign of oppression before they realize that those who have had power over them had no concern for their welfare. They believed in their leaders until it was too late. They had to be stripped of their liberties, driven into poverty and subjugated under a crushing leadership before rising up to take back their humanity.
Soros and those like him are winning. The subservient "workers" and media to these globalists plans don't realize they are digging their own grave, and taking us down with them.
March 31, 2011
Obama's Owner George Soros Making a Move to Control Food and Grain Production
George Soros Making a Move to Control Food and Grain Production
Financier and progressive activist George Soros is formulating a move to control food and grain production by purchasing grain elevators in late March in several parts of the United States through his subsidiary company Gavilon Grain. With some purchases made on March 29th, Soros will become the third largest grain company behind Cargill, and Archer-Daniels Midland.
With strong ties to the Obama administration, Soros now has both the economic, and political clout to begin consolidation of purchasing and shipping domestic agriculture around the world.
U.S. grain firm Gavilon Grain said on Thursday it will buy Union Elevator and Warehouse's 16 grain elevators in the Pacific Northwest , the company's second big purchase of U.S. grain facilities in the last six months.
The purchase of 16 elevators at 12 locations in eastern Washington will expand Gavilon's grain capacity by 8.4 mbu.
"The addition of Union Elevator's grain facilities and origination capabilities position us well to support the growing Pacific Northwest export wheat market and serve the Columbian Basin feed grain market," Greg Konsor, VP and GM of Gavilon Grain, said in a statement. The PNW is the No. 1 wheat export terminal in the United States.- Reuters
When food brokers consolidate into just a few large companies controlling the majority of a market, then prices can be set not by supply and demand, but by corporate decisions and manipulation of supply. If the price for food is too low in the United States, then grain can be shipped to other markets for sale, causing then an artifical supply problem in the country that produced the grain itself.
With George Soros making this move to control food and grain distribution in the United States, and becoming the third largest grain company in the country, it will lead to the same results that we see in the energy markets as oil is controlled by a small group of corporations, and the price can be dictated by an artificial control over its supply.
Wild Thing's comment........
Spooky dude getting spookier.
I wish the the piranhas would eat him. Or maybe a stake thru Georgie’s heart.He is really pure evil.
As radiation spreads into the food supply chain and japan needs to sell off American debt to pay for their disaster..he will make a move to skewer everyone
I hope the devil takes him home before it happens.
And this is why George and Media Matters is going after Fox and Glen Beck because, Glen Beck has been right on the money.
Billionaire George Soros is a Big Picture investor. Through shrewd observation and, when necessary, via manipulation of government operators, he is usually able to cash in on major trends. All indications are that food prices are heading higher based on upward price forces from both the demand and supply side. It turns out that, through a subsidiary, Soros is one of the largest owners of productive farmland in South America. This could be his greatest investment ever.
The company, Adecoagro, based in Luxembourg, but with extensive farm holdings in South America, is going public. Because it is going public, the details of the company and the Soros connection become clear.
Th IPO will consist of 28.54 million shares and is expected to be priced between $13 and $15 per share. The prospectus says the company believes that they "are one of the largest owners of productive farmland in South America”. As of September 30, 2010, the company says it owned 274,663 hectares (excluding sugarcane farms) of farmland in Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay.
March 25, 2011
Owner Of Obama, Soros Fingerprints on Libya Bombing
Soros Fingerprints on Libya Bombing
By Aaron Klein
Philanthropist billionaire George Soros is a primary funder and key proponent of the global organization that promotes the military doctrine used by the Obama administration to justify the recent airstrikes targeting the regime of Moammar Gadhafi in Libya.
The activist who founded and coined the name of the doctrine, "Responsibility to Protect," sits on several key organizations alongside Soros.
Also, the Soros-funded global group that promotes Responsibility to Protect is closely tied to Samantha Power, the National Security Council special adviser to Obama on human rights.
Power has been a champion of the doctrine and is, herself, deeply tied to the doctrine's founder.
According to reports, Power was instrumental in convincing Obama to act against Libya.
The Responsibility to Protect doctrine has been described by its founders and proponents, including Soros, as promoting global governance while allowing the international community to penetrate a nation state's borders under certain conditions.
Wild Thing's comment........
The White House is still holding back “tens of thousands” of visitor logs, according to congressional testimony last week by Tom Fitton, President of Judicial Watch....... The White House Guest List: How Obama pulled a fast one on the American people
Regarding George Soros and his puppet Barack......
“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within.
An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly.
But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself.
For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men.
He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.
The traitor is the plague.”
— Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 B.C. – 43 B.C.)
March 21, 2011
Obama Compliments Brazil's Oil Industry While He Bans Drilling At Home (His Agenda To Help His Master George Soros With Brazil's Petrobas Oil Driling Offshore)
Barack Obama praised the emerging Brazilian oil industry yesterday.
The agreements were signed on the first day of U.S. President Barack Obama’s two-day visit to Brazil, where he met with Brazilian counterpart Dilma Rousseff and a host of local and U.S. business executives.
Obama announced Saturday that he wants America to become a major buyer of - wait for it! - Brazilian oil drilled offshore.
Obama spoke of the US's desire to secure more of its oil from Brazil in future after talks with his counterpart, President Dilma Rousseff, in Brasilia at the start of a two-day visit to Latin America's biggest country. "I have told her that the United States wants to be a major customer, which can be a win-win for both our countries," he said.
Brazil possesses some of the world's biggest offshore oil reserves in the pre-salt area off its south-east coast.
"Brazil possesses some of the world's biggest offshore oil reserves."
Following is a summary of the agreements that were signed:
The United States seeks to be “a strategic energy partner” to Brazil, which recently discovered major new offshore oil reserves. Obama said the United States wants to be one of Brazil’s “best customers” when the oil starts flowing.
Both nations also will increase cooperation on producing biofuels with a specific separate agreement to team up on developing biofuels for aviation.
But, while Obama praised Brazilian energy production he continues to stifle energy production here at home.
Obama the Pay More At The Pump President
To be fair, President Obama is in favor of drilling…but just not in the United States.
His numerous bans, restrictions, and proposed taxes are hamstringing America’s ability to produce more oil and gas and are thereby increasing gas and diesel prices. In fact, even the federal government projects that domestic oil production will drop by 220,000 barrels per day in 2011 due to the President’s anti-drilling agenda. Production in 2012 will drop even more…
…American Solutions is re-launching Drill Here, Drill Now, Pay Less for one big reason: President Obama’s continuing war on American energy is dramatically increasing the price of gas and diesel.
Obama is going to lend billions of dollars to Brazil to finance exploration of its huge offshore oil field discovery. His good buddy George Soros is invested heavily in Brazilian energy. Soros Invested Heavily in Petrobras
Obama Underwrites Offshore Drilling ...BUT Not For US
The U.S. is going to lend billions of dollars to Brazil’s state-owned oil company, Petrobras, to finance exploration of the huge offshore discovery in Brazil’s Tupi oil field in the Santos Basin near Rio de Janeiro. Brazil’s planning minister confirmed that White House National Security Adviser James Jones met this month with Brazilian officials to talk about the loan.
The U.S. Export-Import Bank tells us it has issued a “preliminary commitment” letter to Petrobras in the amount of $2 billion and has discussed with Brazil the possibility of increasing that amount. Ex-Im Bank says it has not decided whether the money will come in the form of a direct loan or loan guarantees. Either way, this corporate foreign aid may strike some readers as odd, given that the U.S. Treasury seems desperate for cash and Petrobras is one of the largest corporations in the Americas.
Barack Obama’s pal George Soros has invested heavily in Petrobas. Obama backer George Soros repositioned himself in Petrobras to get dividends just a few days before Obama committed $2 billion in loans and guarantees for Petrobras’ offshore operations.
These are the top 5 holdings of George Soros
1.Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.Petrobras (PBR) – 9,818,323 shares, 15.42% of the total portfolio
2.Hess Corp. (HES) – 5,123,198 shares, 10.56% of the total portfolio
3.Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.Petrobras (PBR-A) – 5,884,700 shares, 7.53% of the total portfolio
4.Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc. (POT) – 1,978,053 shares, 7.06% of the total portfolio
5.Plains Exploration & Production Company (PXP) – 6,526,400 shares, 6.84% of the total portfolio
Note that there are two Petrobas stock numbers (PBR and PBR-A, numbers 1
& 3 listed above).
Wild Thing's comment.........
It’s all about his master “soros” one of the largest stock holders of Brazilian oil.
We shouldn’t be buying oil from anybody. We should be producing it ourselves.
November 18, 2010
George Soros Tells Progressive Donors Obama Might Not Be The Best Investment
George Soros Tells Progressive Donors Obama Might Not Be The Best Investment
At a private meeting on Tuesday afternoon, George Soros, a longtime supporter of progressive causes, voiced blunt criticism of the Obama administration, going so far as to suggest that Democratic donors direct their support somewhere other than the president.
The Hungarian-American financier was speaking to a small side gathering of donors who had convened in Washington D.C. for the annual gathering of the Democracy Alliance -- a formal community of well-funded, progressive-minded individuals and activists.
According to multiple sources with knowledge of his remarks, Soros told those in attendance that he is "used to fighting losing battles but doesn't like to lose without fighting."
"We have just lost this election, we need to draw a line," he said, according to several Democratic sources. "And if this president can't do what we need, it is time to start looking somewhere else."
Michael Vachon, an adviser to Soros, did not dispute the comment, though he stressed that there was no transcript of a private gathering to check. Vachon also clarified that the longtime progressive giver was not referring to a primary challenge to the president.
"Mr. Soros fully supports the president as the leader of the Democratic Party," said Vachon. "He was not suggesting that we seek another candidate for 2012. His comments were made in a private, informal conversation that was about the need for progressives to be more forceful in promoting their agenda. He was stressing the importance of being heard by elected officials."
Dissatisfaction with the Obama administration was not limited to Soros's private gathering with donors. On Wednesday morning, Deputy Chief of Staff Jim Messina received several tough questions during his address to the Democracy Alliance. According to a source in the room, he was pressed multiple times as to why the administration has declined to be more combative with Republicans, both in communication and legislative strategy. Another source in the room said the exchange was not entirely contentious as people were simply expressing frustration about the fact that "we just came out of an election where the right wing and the Republicans distorted what was going on."
Requests for comment from the White House were not returned, though a Democratic operative sympathetic to the administration said that Soros's dissatisfaction with the White House was "hardly news." Sources who relayed that and other exchanges insisted on anonymity, citing the strict rules against talking to the press that come with being part of the gathering.
The tone nevertheless was said to be notably different this year than in past years. In 2008, representatives for Obama were received relatively warmly when they pitched the need to shepherd funds to the presidential campaign. Other progressive institutions were left -- somewhat bitterly -- looking for scraps. But, by and large, the donor base felt their investment had been wise, with Democrats regaining control of the White House and padding their majorities in Congress.
This year, following a drubbing in the 2010 elections and some stalling on major legislative items, the dynamics were notably different. As one attendee put it: "It was a sober atmosphere... people are looking for answers but they are not unwilling to do the work."
While Soros's comment gave some attendees the impression that he'd cheer a primary challenge to the president, the point, sources say, was different. Rather, it is time to shuffle funds into a progressive infrastructure that will take on the tasks that the president can't or won't take on.
"People are determined to help build a progressive infrastructure and make sure it is there not just in the months ahead but one that will last in the long term," said Anna Burger, the retired treasury secretary of SEIU. "Instead of being pushed over by this election it has empowered people to stand up in a bigger way."
"There was frustration," said one Democratic operative who attended the meetings. The main concern was about messaging. I think they are frustrated that the president isn't being more direct. But I did not get the sense that anyone's commitment to the progressive movement was wavering... The general consensus is that support has to move beyond being about one person and more about a movement. I don't know if we've moved beyond there."
One of those "movement" ventures is an outside-government arm to match conservatives in the 2012 elections. For several weeks, discussions have been led by Media Matters for America founder David Brock about the need to create a group that will run advertisements, conduct opposition research and perform rapid response functions. Those talks continued this past week, though disputes have begun to emerge about the most effective role for such a group. As one activist who is involved with the Democracy Alliance noted:
"There are a handful of funders committed to the idea of taking on corporate interests in politics... I think the [Supreme Court's] Citizens United decision [allowing unlimited corporate donations in campaigns] intellectually caused a shift to want to deal with corporate money. The election results split the partners in the Democracy Alliance, not down the middle, between those who say let's fight back and those who say we have to change the rules."
Wild Thing's comment........
They are really upset about this last election. It sounds like Obama might not be getting the amount of money he had before when he ran for office.
The important thing is that we get a good conservative to run for office and then WIN and kick Obama out on his butt.
November 13, 2010
George Soros and Barack Obama
- In December 2006, Soros met with presidential hopeful Barack Obama in Soros’ New York office. Soros had previously hosted a fundraiser for Obama during his 2004 campaign for the Senate.
- On January 16, 2007, Obama announce the creation of a presidential exploratory committee and within hours Soros sent a contribution of $2,100, the maximum allowable under campaign finance laws.
- Days after Obama was elected in November of 2008, Soros said in an interview “I think we need a large stimulus package which will provide funds for state and local government to maintain their budgets – because they are not allowed by the constitution to run a deficit. For such a program to be successful, the federal government would need to provide hundreds of billions of dollars. In addition, another infrastructure program is necessary. In total, the cost would be in the 300 to 600 billion dollar range.” Since then, Congress passed a $787 billion stimulus and Obama very recently introduced a $50 billion plan to improve the country’s transportation program, saying “I want America to have the best infrastructure in the world.”
- In that same interview, Soros called for cap & trade: “I think this is a great opportunity to finally deal with global warming and energy dependence. The US needs a cap and trade system with auctioning of licenses for emissions rights. I would use the revenues from these auctions to launch a new, environmentally friendly energy policy. That would be yet another federal program that could help us to overcome the current stagnation.” Since then, Congress has introduced cap & trade legislation. (More info in “going green” section)
- Also in that interview, Soros said “In 2010, the Bush tax cuts will expire and we should not extend them.” Since then, Obama expressed his opposition to the Bush tax cuts in an interview with ABC on September 9th: “All those middle class folks who need tax relief hostage right now in order to provide tax breaks for the top two percent wealthiest Americans, who don't need a tax break, aren't asking for a tax break. And you know, if we could afford it, it'd be one thing. But we know that's gonna cost $700 billion over ten years. And so, that is not a smart thing to do for the economy”
- Soros is also on board with Obama’s proposals to reform the banking system. In an interview with the BBC: Interviewer: Now President Obama last week announced some quite radical proposals to reform the banking system. He wants them out of what he calls "proprietary trading", using their capital to speculate on their own account, and also he wants a limit on their size. Are these constructive measures in your view?
Soros: Very much so these are the right … it goes in the right direction. In my opinion, it doesn't actually go far enough because it still leaves the problem of too big to fail. In other words, if you let's say now again Goldman Sachs gives up its banking license, it becomes then an investment bank … January 2010, http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/davos/8485029.stm
- Since Obama’s been in office, Soros has made four visits to the White House
- ALSO IN HIS 2008 INTERVIEW: Soros: “I think this is a great opportunity to finally deal with global warming and energy dependence. The US needs a cap and trade system with auctioning of licenses for emissions rights. I would use the revenues from these auctions to launch a new, environmentally friendly energy policy. That would be yet another federal program that could help us to overcome the current stagnation.
SPIEGEL: Your proposal would be dismissed on Wall Street as "big government." Republicans might call it European-style "socialism."
Soros: That is exactly what we need now. I am against market fundamentalism. I think this propaganda that government involvement is always bad has been very successful -- but also very harmful to our society.
SPIEGEL: Would you advise the new president to say that publicly? Soros: He has already spoken about changing the political discourse. I think it is better to have a government that wants to provide good government than a government that doesn't believe in government.
OBAMA'S ELECTION AS PRESIDENT
- Also during that election: “This is the most important election of my lifetime. These aren’t normal times. The ends justify every legal means possible.”
Wild Thing's comment........
Last year in a post I did about Soros and Obama, Tom said Soros was like the shadow president. I agree, he is in everything backing it with money in all his various groups and organizations that touch our politics, our government etc. His hand is there and dangerous to our great country.
November 10, 2010
Soros Group Wants Obama To Rule By Executive Order
Soros group wants Obama to rule by executive order
It was progressives who won the mid-term elections, particularly incumbents in a socialist-founded congressional caucus that emerged from last week's ballots virtually unscathed, boasted an article published by the George Soros-funded Institute for Policy Studies, a Marxist-oriented think-tank in Washington, D.C.
The article recommends that President Obama govern from executive order to push through a progressive agenda.
"Progressives won in the 2010 mid-term elections," wrote Karen Dolan, a fellow at the Institute for Policy Studies, or IPS, and director of the Cities for Progress and Cities for Peace projects based at the radical organization.
"The Congressional Progressive Caucus, the largest caucus in the House Democratic Caucus at over 80 members, emerged virtually unscathed, losing only three members," she wrote, in the piece published on the IPS website.
"By contrast, the conservative Blue Dog Democratic caucus was more than sliced in half from 54 members to only 26. Further, of the 34 conservative Dems who voted against Obama's Healthcare Reform, a mere 12 won re-election," she wrote.
Dolan declared that "our work is now finally beginning."
"The veil of a happy Democratic governing majority is finally lifted. We didn't have it then; We don't have it now. But what we do have now is a more solidly progressive bunch of Dems in Congress and a president presumably less encumbered by the false illusion that playing nice will get him a date with the other team."
She went on to recommend that progressives "throw our support unabashedly behind the Congressional Progressive Caucus, and let's push Obama to finally do the right thing through as many Executive Orders as we can present to him."
WND reported the Congressional Progressive Caucus was founded by the Democratic Socialists of America, or DSA.
Caucus member Rep. Carolyn Cheeks Kirkpatrick, D-Mich., was defeated in her primary, and just three others lost in the general election, Reps. Alan Grayson of Florida, John Hall of New York and Phil Hare of Illinois. Hall and Hare are two-term incumbents while Grayson is a freshman.
Hare drew national attention earlier this year when he was captured on video by a constituent (link: http://biggovernment.com/publius/2010/04/01/rep-phil-hare-d-il-i-dont-worry-about-the-constitution/) admitting that when it comes to health care reform, he doesn't "worry about the Constitution."
Working within Democratic Party
Demonstrating the close relationship between the DSA and the Progressive Caucus, two weeks ago WND reported the Democratic chairman of the powerful House Judiciary Committee was caught on tape meeting with DSA leaders to discuss how the group can cooperate to strengthen President Obama and advance their "one-world" plans.
Rep. John Conyers, D-Mich., who has a long history with the DSA, was recorded promoting a "one-world" government while asking the socialist group to organize against the war in Afghanistan and in support of Obama's policies.
Conyers was a special guest at a two-day convention in Detroit in March 1982 that resulted in the formation of DSA.
Conyers has spoken at numerous DSA events, including at the socialist group's national dinner in 2008, where he was the keynote.
Conyers was one of 13 founders of Congressional Black Caucus, which long has promoted far-left causes. He is the most prominent lawmaker lobbying to free Mumia Abu-Jamal, the convicted murderer of a Philadelphia police officer. He has advocated on behalf of the Marxist Nicaraguan Sandinista dictatorship and has called for the U.S. to end its sanctions against Fidel Castro's communist regime.
As WND was first to report, the DSA has been linked closely to the Democratic Party's Progressive Caucus.
Until November 2002, the website of the Progressive Caucus was hosted by the DSA. Following news reports that drew attention to the congressional website being hosted by the socialist organization, the list of CPC names was moved to the website of Sen. Bernard Sanders, I-Vt., an avowed socialist, and eventually to its own site.
The Democratic Socialists of America's chief organizing goal is to work within the Democratic Party and remove the stigma attached to "socialism" in the eyes of most Americans.
"Stress our Democratic Party strategy and electoral work," explains an organizing document of the DSA. "The Democratic Party is something the public understands, and association with it takes the edge off. Stressing our Democratic Party work will establish some distance from the radical subculture and help integrate you to the milieu of the young liberals."
Nevertheless, as WND reported, the goal of the DSA never has been deeply hidden. Prior to the cleanup of its website in 1999, the DSA included a song list featuring "The Internationale," the worldwide anthem of communism and socialism.
Another song on the site was "Red Revolution," sung to the tune of "Red Robin." The lyrics went: "When the Red Revolution brings its solution along, along, there'll be no more lootin' when we start shootin' that Wall Street throng."
Another song removed after WND's expose was "Are You Sleeping, Bourgeoisie?" The lyrics went: "Are you sleeping? Are you sleeping? Bourgeoisie, Bourgeoisie. And when the revolution comes, we'll kill you all with knives and guns, Bourgeoisie, Bourgeoisie."
Obama connected to socialist group
Top Democratic Socialists of America members have been closely linked for years to Obama.
Obama himself spoke at a forum organized by the group at the University of Chicago in early 1996 called "Employment and Survival in Urban America."
Quentin Young, considered the father of the U.S. single-payer health-care movement, is a longtime Democratic Socialists of America activist. Young has had a relationship with Obama, particularly in the 1990s, when he reportedly advised Obama on health care.
Young reportedly was present at a 1995 meeting at the home of former Weather Underground terrorist William Ayers, who was said to have launched Obama's political career.
Young has been active in Chicago socialist circles and was previously accused of membership in a communist group. In 1992, Chicago's branch of the Democratic Socialists of America awarded Young, a member, with their highest honor – the Debs Award.
In a 2008 article in the official Communist Party USA magazine, Young noted Obama previously expressed support for a single-payer universal health-care program, although he later waffled when asked about his position.
As an Illinois state senator representing a mostly black district on the South Side of Chicago, Obama publicly supported universal health care. He also co-sponsored the Bernardin Amendment, which did not pass but would have amended the Illinois State Constitution to add health care to the list of basic rights for residents.
Meanwhile, Obama spoke at the March 29, 1998, memorial service for Chicago Democratic Socialists of America member Saul Mendelson.
Timuel Black, a member activist, mediated political disputes on behalf of Obama in the 1990s and was reportedly involved in Obama's campaign committee during his successful 2004 Senate race.
Longtime member and activist Arnold Wolf was a member of "Rabbis for Obama" and has held fundraisers in his home for Obama, including a function in 1995 that was aimed at introducing Obama to the Hyde Park activist community.
Eliseo Medina, international executive vice president of the Service Employees International Union, has been honored by Democratic Socialists of America. During the most recent presidential campaign, Medina served on Obama's National Latino Advisory Council.
WND reported Medina, speaking at a 2009 Washington, D.C., conference, declared granting citizenship to millions of illegal aliens would expand the progressive electorate and help ensure a progressive governing coalition for the long term.
Here is a list of the members:
Raúl M. Grijalva (AZ-07); won re-election
Lynn Woolsey (CA-06); won re-election
Diane Watson (CA-33); Replaced by Democrat Karen Bass
Sheila Jackson-Lee (TX-18); won re-election
Mazie Hirono (HI-02); won re-election
Dennis Kucinich (OH-10); won re-election
Neil Abercrombie (HI-01); chose not to run; replaced by Democrat Colleen Hanabusi
Tammy Baldwin (WI-02); won re-election
Xavier Becerra (CA-31); won re-election
Madeleine Bordallo (GU-AL); won re-election
Robert Brady (PA-01); won re-election
Corrine Brown (FL-03); won re-election
Michael Capuano (MA-08); won re-election
André Carson (IN-07); won re-election
Yvette Clarke (NY-11); won re-election
William "Lacy" Clay (MO-01); won re-election
Emanuel Cleaver (MO-05); won re-election
Steve Cohen (TN-09); won re-election
John Conyers (MI-14); won re-election
Elijah Cummings (MD-07); won re-election
Danny Davis (IL-07); replaced by Democrat Andre Carson
Peter DeFazio (OR-04); won re-election
Rosa DeLauro (CT-03); won re-election
Donna F. Edwards (MD-04); won re-election
Keith Ellison (MN-05); won re-election
Sam Farr (CA-17); won re-election
Chaka Fattah (PA-02); won re-election
Bob Filner (CA-51); won re-election
Barney Frank (MA-04); won re-election
Marcia L. Fudge (OH-11); won re-election
Alan Grayson (FL-08), lost to Republican Daniel Webster
Luis Gutierrez (IL-04); won re-election
John Hall (NY-19), lost to Republican Nan Hayward
Phil Hare (IL-17); lost to Republican Roger Schilling
Maurice Hinchey (NY-22); won re-election
Michael Honda (CA-15); won re-election
Jesse Jackson, Jr. (IL-02); won re-election
Eddie Bernice Johnson (TX-30); won re-election
Hank Johnson (GA-04); won re-election
Marcy Kaptur (OH-09); won re-election
Carolyn Kilpatrick (MI-13); replaced by Democrat Hansen Carter
Barbara Lee (CA-09); won re-election
John Lewis (GA-05); won re-election
David Loebsack (IA-02); won re-election
Ben R. Lujan (NM-3); won re-election
Carolyn Maloney (NY-14); won re-election
Ed Markey (MA-07); won re-election
Jim McDermott (WA-07); won re-election
James McGovern (MA-03); won re-election
George Miller (CA-07); won re-election
Gwen Moore (WI-04); won re-election
Jerrold Nadler (NY-08); won re-election
John Olver (MA-01); won re-election
Ed Pastor (AZ-04); won re-election
Donald Payne (NJ-10); won re-election
Chellie Pingree (ME-01); won re-election
Charles Rangel (NY-15); won re-election
Laura Richardson (CA-37); won re-election
Lucille Roybal-Allard (CA-34); won re-election
Bobby Rush (IL-01); won re-election
Linda Sánchez (CA-47); won re-election
Jan Schakowsky (IL-09); won re-election
José Serrano (NY-16); won re-election
Louise Slaughter (NY-28); won re-election
Pete Stark (CA-13); won re-election
Bennie Thompson (MS-02); won re-election
John Tierney (MA-06); won re-election
Nydia Velazquez (NY-12); won re-election
Maxine Waters (CA-35); won re-election
Mel Watt (NC-12); won re-election
Henry Waxman (CA-30); won re-election
Peter Welch (VT-AL); won re-election
Robert Wexler (FL-19); replaced by Democrat Tee Deutsch
Wild Thing's comment.......
I was watching Glenn Beck on FOX yesterday and he spent the hour on Soros and will continue the rest tonight. It was very informative, some things I knew already but a lot of it I had not heard about before. Beck’s show was frightening. Prayers for his safety.
Soros is the puppet master of Obama.
Soros Exposed: Research on the Progressive Puppet Master
Soros Exposed: Research on the Progressive Puppet Master
For months, Glenn has been pulling back the structure progressives have worked decades to put in place. Beneath every layer lies one common thread: George Soros. Tonight on TV, Glenn presents an in-depth look at the Puppet Master, billionaire financier George Soros, one of the most powerful forces in the Progressive Movement. But don’t just take Glenn’s word for it. Read. Analyze. Do your own homework and come to your own conclusions - read below to fact check all the sources used on tonight's show.
- “It is sort of a disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out,” (The Independent, June 3, 1993)
- “I admit that I have always harbored an exaggerated view of self-importance –to put it bluntly, I fancied myself as some kind of god or an economic reformer like Keynes or, even better, a scientist like Einstein,” (The Alchemy of Finance, George Soros)
- According to friend Byron Wien (now with the Blackstone Group), “You must understand he thinks he’s been anointed by God to solve insoluble problems. The proof is that he has been so successful at making so much. He therefore thinks he has a responsibility to give money away,” (Time Magazine, Sept 1, 1997)
- “If truth be known, I carried some rather potent messianic fantasies with me from childhood which I felt I had to control, otherwise I might end up in the loony bin. But when I made my way in the world I wanted to indulge myself in my fantasies to the extent that I could afford.”
- George Soros 60 Minutes Interview - 12/20/98 / Transcript:
KROFT: Are you religious?
Mr. SOROS: No.
KROFT: Do you believe in God?
Mr. SOROS: No.
KROFT: (Voiceover) Soros told us he believes God was created by man, not the other way around, which may be why he thinks he can smooth out the world's imperfections.
In a 1998 interview with Steve Kroft, Soros was asked if he felt guilty about confiscating property from Jews as a teenager. He responded, “No.”
- "I don't deny the Jews their right to a national existence--but I don't want to be part of it." That experience notwithstanding, Soros has chosen to exclude Israel and Jewish causes, by and large, from his massive philanthropy-a decision that has caused comment among one of his colleagues in the financial community, particularly those who are strong supporters of Israel. In Hungary, Soros has been subject to anti-Semitic attacks. Referring to being a target, Soros, in his book "Underwriting Democracy," wrote, "I am ready to stand up and be counted." When I mentioned that rather suggestive line to Soros during one of several extended interviews with him, he responded quickly, "Right. It took me a long time."
He continued, "My mother was quite anti-Semitic, and ashamed of being Jewish. Given the culture in which one lived, being Jewish was a clear-cut stigma, disadvantage, a handicap-and, therefore, there was always the desire to transcend it, to escape it." He confirmed what someone had told me-that his family name had long ago been changed from Schwartz. "So the assimilationist Jews of Hungary had a deep sense of inferiority and it took me a long time to work through that," he said, adding, however, that he succeeded in doing so many years ago… "I am escaping the particular. I think I am doing exactly that by espousing this universal concept"-of open society. "In other words, I don't think that you can ever overcome anti-Semitism if you behave as a tribe… the only way you can overcome it is if you give up the tribalness."
Source: THE WORLD ACCORDING TO SOROS by CONNIE BRUC, The New Yorker, January 23, 1995,)
- “As I looked around me for a worthy cause. I ran into difficulties. I did not belong to any community. As a Hungarian Jew I had never quite become an American. I had left Hungary behind and my Jewishness did not express itself in a sense of tribal loyalty that would have led me to support Israel,”
Here is a partial transcript from an interview done by Steve Kroft for CBS' 60 Minutes George Soros on December 20, 1998:
On Dec. 20, 1998, in the midst of his murderous speculative rampage against the currencies of Malaysia, Indonesia, South Korea, and other targeted Asian nations, George Soros appeared on CBS-TV’s “60 Minutes,” to explain and defend his behavior. Confronted by interviewer Steve Kroft about his experiences as a youth in Hungary, under the Nazi occupation, Soros freely admitted that he posed as the “adopted godson” of an official of the Nazi-occupation government, and helped in the confiscation of Jewish properties.
Soros life as a youth in Nazi occupied Hungary when he assisted in identifying fellow Jews for his Gestapo “mentor” and confiscating their property before they were sent off to the gas chambers. Soros described that period as one of the happiest of his life.
When the Nazis occupied Budapest in 1944, George Soros' father was a successful lawyer. He lived on an island in the Danube and liked to commute to work in a rowboat. But knowing there were problems ahead for the Jews, he decided to split his family up. He bought them forged papers and he bribed a government official to take 14-year-old George Soros in and swear that he was his Christian godson. But survival carried a heavy price tag. While hundreds of thousands of Hungarian Jews were being shipped off to the death camps, George Soros accompanied his phony godfather on his appointed rounds, confiscating property from the Jews.
(Vintage footage of Jews walking in line; man dragging little boy in line)
KROFT: (Voiceover) These are pictures from 1944 of what happened to George Soros' friends and neighbors.
(Vintage footage of women and men with bags over their shoulders walking; crowd by a train)
KROFT: (Voiceover) You're a Hungarian Jew…
Mr. SOROS: (Voiceover) Mm-hmm.
KROFT: (Voiceover) …who escaped the Holocaust…
(Vintage footage of women walking by train)
Mr. SOROS: (Voiceover) Mm-hmm.
(Vintage footage of people getting on train)
KROFT: (Voiceover) …by–by posing as a Christian.
Mr. SOROS: (Voiceover) Right.
(Vintage footage of women helping each other get on train; train door closing with people in boxcar)
KROFT: (Voiceover) And you watched lots of people get shipped off to the death camps.
Mr. SOROS: Right. I was 14 years old. And I would say that that's when my character was made.
KROFT: In what way?
Mr. SOROS: That one should think ahead. One should understand and–and anticipate events and when–when one is threatened. It was a tremendous threat of evil. I mean, it was a–a very personal experience of evil.
KROFT: My understanding is that you went out with this protector of yours who swore that you were his adopted godson.
Mr. SOROS: Yes. Yes.
KROFT: Went out, in fact, and helped in the confiscation of property from the Jews.
Mr. SOROS: Yes. That's right. Yes.
KROFT: I mean, that's–that sounds like an experience that would send lots of people to the psychiatric couch for many, many years. Was it difficult?
Mr. SOROS: Not–not at all. Not at all. Maybe as a child you don't–you don't see the connection. But it was–it created no–no problem at all.
KROFT: No feeling of guilt?
Mr. SOROS: No.
KROFT: For example that, 'I'm Jewish and here I am, watching these people go. I could just as easily be there. I should be there.' None of that?
Mr. SOROS: Well, of course I c–I could be on the other side or I could be the one from whom the thing is being taken away. But there was no sense that I shouldn't be there, because that was–well, actually, in a funny way, it's just like in markets–that if I weren't there–of course, I wasn't doing it, but somebody else would–would–would be taking it away anyhow. And it was the–whether I was there or not, I was only a spectator, the property was being taken away. So the–I had no role in taking away that property. So I had no sense of guilt.
“THE MAN WHO BROKE THE BANK OF ENGLAND”
- “As September 15 wore on, George Soros’s confidence that Britain would pull the pound out of the ERM was growing. It had been Stanley Druckenmiller who had thought the time ripe for making a bet against the sterling. He talked to Soros about doing something. Soros gave him the green light but urged his head trader to bet an even larger sum than Druckenmiller had in mind. And so Druckenmiller, acting for Soros, sold $10 billion worth of sterling… The next morning at 7:00, the phone rang at Soros’s home. It was Stan Druckenmiller with news… While George Soros had slept, he racked a profit $958 million. When Soros’s gains from other positions he took during the ERM crisis were tallied, he racked up close to $2 billion… It was this bet, this single act of placing $10 billion on the fact that Britain would have to devalue the pound, that made George Soros world famous,” (SOROS THE UNAUTHORIZED BIOGRAPHY, pgs 5-6).
- “He famously shorted the British pound in 1992, wagering $10 billion on a drop in its value. In a desperate bid to keep its currency afloat, the Bank of England tried to buy up pounds as fast as Soros could dump them. However, as more and more investors followed Soros’ lead and joined his efforts, the Bank of England eventually gave up. The British pound was devalued, launching a tsunami of financial turmoil from Tokyo to Rome. When it was over, millions of hardworking Britons confronted their diminished savings, while Soros counted his gains. He had personally made nearly $2 billion on the catastrophe,” (The Shadow Party, pg. 4).
- Soros has said of this event: “I had no platform, so I deliberately [did] the sterling thing to create a platform. Obviously people care about the man who made a lot of money…my influence has continued to grow and I do have access to,”(Time Magazine, Sept 1, 1997)
- In 1997, during the Asian financial crisis, the then Malaysian Prime Minister, Mahathir bin Mohamad, accused him of bringing down the Malaysian currency, the ringgit, through his trading activities. In Thailand he was branded an “economic war criminal” who “sucks the blood from the people”.
- “Just write that the former Soviet Empire is now called the Soros Empire,” (The New Republic, Jan 1994)
- “I am acting out a fantasy and so is Eastern Europe. A psychiatrist once told me how dangerous it is to act out fantasies and I am beginning to see what he meant,” http://www.osi.hu/oss/postscript.html
INFO ON NAME CHANGE FROM SCHWARTZ TO SOROS
- Born in Hungary in 1930, Mr. Soros began life as George Schwartz. His father, Tivadar, was from humble origins; his mother, Erzebet, from money. Both were Jews, but nonobservant (she eventually converted to Catholicism). Once married, Tivadar had to work just two hours a day managing some of his wife's family property, which provided a handsome living for them and their two sons, Paul and George. At some point during the boys' childhood, the parents decided to change the family name and chose the Hungarian-sounding but in fact obscure Soros. It means "soar" (in the future tense) in Esperanto, the made-up trans-European language promoted by those who dreamed of a world free of nationality. Tivadar was among its leading proponents. (Source: The Mind of George Soros; Meet the Esperanto enthusiast who wants to save the world from President Bush, 2 March 2004, The Wall Street Journal)
- Before the end of the war, however, Soros' upper-middle-class world had inverted. The family posed as Christians and separated to hide from the Germans. They changed their name from Schwartz (considered too Jewish-sounding) to Soros (more reflective of the family's Hungarian roots and because his father liked the palindrome). (The elusive billionaire: An author tries valiantly to capture the essence of philanthropist George Soros, Vancouver Sun, 20 April 2002)
- Soros has long been calling for increased globalization. In "The Crisis of Global Capitalism," 1998 he writes: “To stabilize and regulate a truly global economy, we need some global system of political decision-making. In short, we need a global society to support our global economy. A global society does not mean a global state. To abolish the existence of states is neither feasible nor desirable; but insofar as there are collective interests that transcend state boundaries, the sovereignty of states must be subordinated to international law and international institutions. Interestingly, the greatest opposition to this idea is coming from the United States. But there has never been a time when a strong lead from the U.S. and other like-minded countries could achieve such powerful and benign results. With the right sense of leadership and with clarity of purpose, the U.S. and its allies could help to stabilize the global economic system and to extend and uphold universal human values. The opportunity is waiting to be grasped.” (Source: The Crisis of Global Capitalism.(book excerpt), George Soros, 7 December 1998, Newsweek)
- During this year he called for greater authority to institutions such as the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and for an International Credit Insurance Corp. to establish some kind of supervision over national supervisory authorities and stated, “At the same time, there remains the urgent need for Congress to authorise an increase in the capital of the IMF." He admitted that such "radical ideas" could not even be considered until Congress "changes its attitude toward international institutions in general and the IMF in particular."
(Source: Soros calls for global credit insurance agency, 15 September 1998, Reuters News)
- Soros has said that the United States would cease to be the world's undisputed dominant force. "The veto power that we have in the International Monetary Fund will disappear. We will be downsized. At the same time, hopefully, we will have a better working system and opponents will be more downsized than we will."
(Source: BOSTON, Oct. 29 -- Massachusetts Institute of Technology press release via Factiva)
- “The Bubble of American Supremacy,”: “The disparity between private goods and public goods manifests itself in a number of ways. First, there is a growing inequality between rich and poor, both within countries and among countries. Admittedly, globalisation is not a zero-sum game: its benefits exceed the costs in the sense that the increased wealth produced by globalisation could be used to make up for the inequities and other shortcomings of globalisation and there would still be some extra wealth left over.
The trouble is that the winners do not compensate the losers either within states or between states. The welfare state as we know it has become unsustainable and international income redistribution is practically nonexistent. Total international assistance amounted to $US56.5 billion ($74.4 billion) in 2002. This amount represents only 0.18 per cent of global GDP. As a result, the gap between the rich and the poor continues to grow.”
(Source: Edited extract from The Bubble of American Supremacy by George Soros via The Sydney Morning Herald, February 4, 2004)
SOROS AND VAN JONES
- Soros has also supported Van Jones – Originally through the Open Society Institute which gave the Ella Baker Center $151,800 in 2006 and $140,000 in 2007. Van Jones was head of the Ella Baker Center during those years. OSI also funded Green for All in 2008 -- they received a grant in the amount of $75,000 to “integrate the Civic Justice Corps into Green For All's campaign to create a national Clean Energy Corps.” while Van Jones was running it. Van Jones later appeared as a senior fellow at the Center for American Progress. Additionally, OSI helped fund TIDES which then started the Apollo Alliance (where Van Jones sat on the board).
CAP & TRADE
- Soros is also a huge proponent of cap and trade. The sot below sounds very similar to VAN JONES’ “We’renot going to put a new battery in a broken system.”
SOROS: “work on a better world order where we work together to resolve problems that confront humanity like global warming. And I think that dealing with global warming will require a lot of investment.
SOROS: You see, for the last 25 years the world economy, the motor of the world economy that has been driving it was consumption by the American consumer who has been spending more than he has been saving, all right? Than he’s been producing. So that motor is now switched off. It’s finished. It’s run out of — can’t continue. You need a new motor. And we have a big problem. Global warming. It requires big investment. And that could be the motor of the world economy in the years to come…Instead of consuming, building an electricity grid, saving on energy, rewiring the houses, adjusting your lifestyle where energy has got to cost more until it you introduce those new things. So it will be painful. But at least we will survive and not cook.
MOYERS: You’re talking about this being the end of an era and needing to create a whole new paradigm for the economic model of the country, of the world, right?
GEORGE SOROS: Yes.
MORE ON GREEN INITIATIVES
- In 2009, Soros announced the formation of the Climate Policy Initiative to address global warming, and said he would fund it with $10 million a year over 10 years
- Friends of the Earth is another group that receives Soros money.
THE OPEN SOCIETY INSTITUTE
- Soros started Open Society in 1993
- Soros has given away over $7 billion to “support human rights, freedom of expression, and access to public health and education in 70 countries.”
- Up to $425 million donated annually
- Aryeh Neier is the president of the Open Society Institute and Soros foundations network. “Neier personally created the radical group Students for a Democratic Society in 1959… He worked for the American Civil Liberties Union for fifteen years,” (The Shadow Party, pg 23).
- Open Society Foundations recently pledged its largest donation ever to Human Rights Watch in the amount of $100 million to be distributed over 10 years
- Richard Poe writes, “Through his global web of Open Society Institutes and Open Society Foundations, Soros has spent 25 years recruiting, training, indoctrinating and installing a network of loyal operatives in 50 countries, placing them in positions of influence and power in media, government, finance and academia.”
- Some organizations that have received support from OSI:
Center for American Progress
Campaign for America’s Future
National Council of La Raza
Center for Community Change
- Top 20 grant recipients in 2008 (the most recent OSI filing)
International Crisis Group $5,000,000
Ministry of Education Republic of Liberia $4,250,000
Drug Policy Alliance $4,000,000
Media Development Loan Fund $3,900,000
Bard College $3,094,539
Proteus Fund Inc $3,000,000
The Revenue Watch Institute $3,000,000
The Tides Foundation $2,875,000
The Mayors Fund to Advance New York City $2,512,415
Center on Budget and Policy Priorities $2,107,000
Public Interest Projects $1,700,000
The Tides Center $1,396,681
Center for Community Change $1,362,500
Leadership Conference on Civil Rights education $1,320,000
Fund for the European University $1,100,000
Center for New York City Neighborhoods $1,050,000
American Civil Liberties Union Foundation $1,000,000
Center for American Progress $1,000,000
Foundation to Promote Open Society $1,000,000
Link Media Inc $1,000,000
CENTER FOR AMERICAN PROGRESS
- Early in 2003, Soros pledged $3 Million over 3 years to the think tank
- He awarded $1 Million in grants to Center for American Progress for 2008/2009
- The group was largely set up to prevent Bush from gaining re-election in 2004. Soros told the Washington Post: “I have made rejection of the Bush doctrine the central project of my life… America, under Bush, is a danger to the world. And I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is."
- The organization is headed by John Podesta
- Van Jones is currently a senior fellow
- In its first year, CAP took in more than $10 million
- In 2006, CAP launched a network of liberal religious leaders called Faith in Public Life to “fuel this burgeoning faith movement with cutting edge strategies and capacity-building resources”
- CAP’s campus Progress, with a staff of 15 and a large network of student advisers, offers money and guidance to help college activists launch initiatives and newspapers
- CAP has a congressional outreach staff and aides dedicated to booking its experts on talk shows. It has a studio that offers daily taped segments and talking points for radio hosts, and it broadcasts liberal radio host Ed Schultz's show when he's in town.
and additional information click here
Wild Thing's comment........
Beck’s show yesterday and the next part about Soros will be on tonight was very informative and to my knowledge no one has ever done this extensive reporting about him. I am proud of Glenn Beck for taking this stand and the information he is telling the world about. All of this needs to be said and especially we Americans need to know the monster (the enemy) of our country and his pal Obama.
Beck is playing with a lot of fire here with his safety and I am not trying to be an alarmist, just experience in what we have seen from the left over the years. I would have food tasters and security teams around the clock. He is unleashing pure straight no b.s. and today’s show was enough to shake you to the core.
Glenn Beck is pealing George Soros like an onion, and revealing who/what George Soros is, and George, we understand, is NOT pleased.
Beck said he got a gift from Soros, a DVD film, “A Face In The Crowd”, given to him by George Soros...a film by a communist, starring another leftie, Andy Griffith. Soros was trying to say by sending him the film . It was spooky the way Beck presented the “Movie for Beck from Soros” and then Beck telling Soros it will not end in Beck committing suicide like the “movie”. I think that DVD was a warning to Glenn.
Beck also told about how the Soros people came to FOX to discuss Beck. They met with a FOX exec and told FOX to take Beck off the air.
I wonder if they would ever start up The House Un-American Affairs Committee again. Because of Soros, Maurice Strong who is another Soros and of course Obama and his many CZAR's.
Obama’s on a mission, and he’ll use all means to achieve it.