November 28, 2009
Terrorists Attack Russian Train Dozens Dead and More Injured
A train traveling from Moscow to St. Petersburg derailed late Friday, killing at least 39 people and injuring many more, emergency officials said.
Russian investigators have confirmed that the derailment of a passenger train which killed dozens of people was caused by a “terrorist attack” The train was carrying over 630 passengers and 20 railway personnel.
Passengers said they heard a loud bang before the derailment.
Witnesses told Channel One state television a bomb blast may have been the cause — which, if true, would make it Russia’s deadliest terrorist strike outside the volatile North Caucasus region in years.
“It was immensely scary. I think it was an act of terrorism because there was a bang,” said passenger Vitaly Rafikov. He was unhurt in the accident and helped with the rescue, hauling victims from the wreckage and lighting fires for warmth.
Reports on the death toll varied.
Health Minister Tatyana Golikova said at least 26 people were killed, 18 were missing and nearly 100 were injured and hospitalized in the derailment. The Prosecutor General’s office said the death toll had risen to 30, with 60 others in the hospital.
Derailment of express train rekindles Russian fears
Russian media were already reporting the theory of a terrorist attack - later confirmed by investigators - hours after news broke that the Nevsky Express had derailed.
The name of the train and the time of the incident would strike a chilling chord with those in Russia who remember an actual bomb attack on 13 August 2007.
That evening, at about 2130 local time, a device laid on the rails in Novgorod region blew up the Neva Express, travelling from Moscow to Russia’s second city, St Petersburg.
The explosion derailed the train and some 30 people were injured.
Now, at 2137 local time on 27 November, something happened to derail the Neva Express yet again, this time with major loss of life.
Fox News just reported that they’ve found ‘a bomb crater and explosive residues’ at the scene....
"We have the blast remains; a crater. There is little doubt this is terrorism," a source in Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin's office told Fox News.
Wild Thing's comment.......
I am sorry for any innocent lives on that train.
The entire world has gotten less secure since the Obummer administration took over.
Posted by Wild Thing at November 28, 2009 07:30 PM
"I am sorry for any innocent lives on that train.", and "The entire world has gotten less secure since the Obummer administration took over." (WT, I agree.)
I previously wrote, June 25, 2008:
If Barack Hussein Obama is elected the next US President, November 4, 2008, sworn in January 20, 2009, 12 Noon ET, my predictions:
1. He will severly hurt US Armed Forces and DoD.
2. He will severly hurt DOE/NNSA, and the National labs.
3. He will NOT (99.99% certainty) execute a pre-emptive US strike against the nuclear weapons program in Iran. (He will leave the pre-emptive option (if President George W. Bush doesn´t act against Iran), totally to Israel, and probably not support a future Israeli attack against Iran.)
4. As a consequence, Israel will be isolated and increasingly threatened by Iran, and their nuclear weapons ambition, as well as, a weakened position of US power in the world.
5. He will risk to be the 2nd term of President Jimmy Carter. (Jimmy Carter redux.)
6. Obama is not only naive, he is VERY naive, with the consequence of increasing risks of future terrorist attacks against US, and the West in general. ("Never Forget Ft. Hood, TX, November 5, 2009.")
7. Obama doesn´t understand the concept of "Know Thy Enemy," especially whwn he says: "Obama is the only major candidate who supports tough, direct, presidential diplomacy with Iran without precondittions." (http://www.barackobama.com/issues/foreignpolicy.)
7.1 If a meeting between President Obama and President Ahmadinejad occur, Obama risks to be the 21st Century version of Prime-Minister Chamberlain, e.g. to appease the enemy, i.e. Iran, and stengthen the power of Iran, and weaken US, and Israel, and the West in general.
8. Obama has a Kantian worldview, i.e. idealistic worldview, as opposed to the Nietzschean worldview, i.e. "The will to power," thus its naivite.
9. If Obama was a chessplayer - he would be easy to read, if he was a pokerplayer - he would be even easier to read, he can´t bluff.
Posted by: Anon at November 28, 2009 08:38 PM
What!!! Are the Ruskies behind on a shipment of parts and centrifuges to Iran? Here have some more yellowcake, nutjob!!! Not enough Katyusha rockets to Syria, Lebanon and Palestine. Maybe the shipment was slowed by the Somalian pirates enroute. It's that frog and scorpion relationship, the scorpion stung again and we can expect Obama to apologize for it's being our fault. Just another criminal out there, eh Holder? Send Slick Willies Arkansas sweathog out, she'll solve the case.
Posted by: Jack at November 28, 2009 09:31 PM
LOVE YOUR SITE! LOVE YOUR ANTI-OBAMA PICTURES!
I have dozens of my own anti-Obama pictures I created myself, some of which I posted on Mark R. Levin's page on Facebook (others are on my own page). I would be more than happy to donate them to your website free of charge (with no strings attached). You have a good thing here and I hope it keeps going. It's time for us conservatives (long overdue, actually) to STAND UP and TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK before it's too late!
I'll be attending Sarah Palin's book signing in Fairfax, VA this Saturday. I hope to speak to her and get a photo with her. If I do, you'll be among the first to know.
Yours in true patriotism,
Posted by: Bill Langhorst at December 2, 2009 08:50 AM