June 25, 2009
Cap-and-Trade Bill H.R. 2454 Set for FRIDAY Vote!!
American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009, H.R. 2454 imposes a system of "cap-and-tax" in order to combat so-called "global warming." This massive, across-the-board household energy tax is being disguised by congressional liberals and is being sold under the slogan "cap-and-trade," which simply means giving the government power to put a cap on the amount of carbon emissions (CO2) produced by the production of electricity, gasoline, and heating oil, and forcing businesses to actively lobby Congress for higher cap levels and to buy permits for the emissions they are allowed.
Rather than calling it "cap-and-trade," it should be called "cap-and-tax"-as it caps Americans' standard of living and taxes our use of products whose manufacture emits CO2.
This bill is an absolute nightmare, and will result in nothing short of sheer destruction of American business and industry, and will exponentially increase energy costs for individuals and families of all income levels from coast to coast.
I would urge you to contact our representatives concerning this bill.
Call NOW. It doesn't matter if they are a Democrat, a Republican, or somewhere in between. Let them know that their vote on this disastrous bill is a bona fide determinative factor when it comes to their re-election in 2010. Support means they're going home, plain and simple.
I cannot stress enough exactly how devastating this piece of legislation is. Frankly, I am absolutely astounded that something so detrimental to our national economy is even being considered nonetheless voted upon.
This is winnable for concerned Americans like you and like me. Let's make sure this doesn't make it out of the House.
Thank you my fellow Patriot Fighters.
A quick breakdown of some of the expected costs:
* The typical family of four will see its direct energy costs rise by over $1,500 per year.
* Pain at the electric meter will cause consumers to reduce electricity consumption by 36 percent. Even with this cutback, the electric bill for a family of four will be $754 more that year and $12,200 more in total from 2012 to 2035.
* The higher gasoline prices will have forced households to cut consumption by 15 percent, but a family of four will still pay $596 more that year and $7,500 more between 2012 and 2035.
* In total, for the years 2012-2035, a family of four will see its direct energy costs rise by $22,800. These inflation-adjusted numbers do not include the indirect energy costs consumers will pay as producers are forced to raise the price of their products to reflect the higher costs of production. Nor does the $22,800 include the higher expenditure for such things as more energy-efficient cars and appliances or the disutility of driving smaller, less safe vehicles or the discomfort of using less heating and cooling.
* As the economy adjusts to shrinking GDP and rising energy prices, employment will take a big hit. On average, employment is lower by 1,105,000 jobs. In some years cap and trade reduces employment by nearly 2.5 million jobs.
* The negative economic impacts accumulate, and the national debt is no exception: Waxman-Markey will drive up the national debt 29 percent by 2035. This is 26 percent above what it would be without the legislation and represents an additional $29,150 per person, or $116,600 for a family of four. To reiterate, these burdens come after adjusting for inflation and are in addition to the $450,000 per family of federal debt that will accrue over this period even without cap and trade.
Capitol Switchboard: 202-224-3121
Toll free capital switchboard number are below.
Wild Thing's comment..........
I think anyone that votes for H.R. 2454 should never get another vote to be elected again. Not under any circumstances.
......Thank you Richard for sending this to me.
Posted by Wild Thing at June 25, 2009 04:55 AM
It's more than just the extra money we'll all have to cough up. The plants need the CO2 to create oxygen and to meddle with that would be to stunt future plants and leave precious little oxygen for us. God has created this wonderful delicate planet for us to live on and given us everything we need to survive. How dare someone mess with or think they can "improve" on what God has made? Gore and his blithering idiot based on faulty junk science buddies stand to gain billions on top of billions for this. If this passes the house and senate, we are all in deep doo-doo. Why does the current administration feel that we need to be like India, China or any of the developing nations? Why try to fix something that isn't broken? So we made something of ourselves? Isn't that just the point? To improve your life and leave this world a little better than when you were born? I could go on and on, but I have things to do, so we'll leave it at this.
Posted by: Lynn at June 25, 2009 08:18 AM
Cap and trade has two major purposes. It is a way to raise money for the government and it is a means for government to control industry and the American people.
If this bill passes and becomes law, watch for it to grow with many more restrictions and regulations. It will create another huge bureaucracy(government workers) and more taxes will be needed to run this agency. Our politicians love taxes and big government.
Posted by: TomR at June 25, 2009 10:44 AM
An assinine belief by an assinine government and administration.
Posted by: Bob A at June 25, 2009 01:21 PM
The best thing we can do is call your congressman. I just got off the phone with mine. He wasn't there of course, but I told her is he voted for cap and tax, I would campaign for his opponent. And , I said, You work for me NOT the democrat party. You work for the 10th District of Pennsylvania not the democrat party.
I plan on calling back tomorrow morning early so I can get more of a shot at him.
The whole problem half the pike didn't even vote. And I know they are conservative, they all have guns but don't want to get involved they are going to lose everything if they stay with their heads stuck underground.
Posted by: Mark at June 25, 2009 01:40 PM
The Lie Clock
A man died and went to heaven. As he stood in front of St. Peter at the
Pearly Gates, he saw a huge wall of clocks behind him..
He asked, 'What are all those clocks?'
St. Peter answered, 'Those are Lie-Clocks. Everyone on Earth has a
Every time you lie the hands on your clock will move.'
'Oh,' said the man, 'whose clock is that?'
'That's Mother Teresa's. The hands have never moved, indicating
that she never told a lie.'
'Incredible,' said the man. 'And whose clock is that one?'
St. Peter responded, 'That's Abraham Lincoln's clock. The
have moved twice, telling us that Abe told only two lies in his entire
'Where's Barrack Obama's clock?' asked the man.
'Obama's clock is in Jesus' office.
He's using it as a ceiling fan.
Posted by: Jack at June 25, 2009 03:47 PM
Lynn, thank you, well said.
And so many scientists tell these people
it is all lies and they silence them so they
Posted by: Wild Thing at June 26, 2009 01:24 AM
Tom, that is important too to know. That
will happen like you said.
"watch for it to grow with many more restrictions and regulations"
Posted by: Wild Thing at June 26, 2009 01:26 AM
Bob A., Ditto that!!
Posted by: Wild Thing at June 26, 2009 01:28 AM
Thank you so much for sharing about
what you said and did. That is what they
need to be reminded about and so many of
them forget that they work for us, salaries
paid for by us etc.
I called mine and just in case he has three
locations so I called all three and told the
person that answered the phone.
Each one said they were getting a lot of
calls and they would pass the message along,
I sure hope so.
Posted by: Wild Thing at June 26, 2009 01:34 AM
Jack, good one!
Posted by: Wild Thing at June 26, 2009 01:36 AM
If Bill H.R. 2454 pass.We should request a list of all who voted to pass this bill. Then next election should get out the vote to throw them out of office.
It's time to take back our country. Just remember we put them in office and we can take them out of office.
Stand up America. Its our Country.
If it get passed just give your pay check to the Governent.
Posted by: Andy at July 1, 2009 06:42 PM