Theodore's World: We Will Never Forget Pearl Harbor

« Firefighter Stabbed -"don't want any gringo here" | Main | Court Allows Group To Picket Soldiers' Funerals »

December 07, 2007

We Will Never Forget Pearl Harbor

December 7,1941

"A date which will live in infamy."

Honoring our veterans, praying

for the men and women

in Armed Forces currently defending

our freedoms at home and abroad.

Due to the site being down I am late on this, but I wanted very much to post about Pearl Harbor.

On Sunday, December 7th, 1941 the Japanese launched a surprise attack against the U.S. Forces stationed at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii . By planning his attack on a Sunday, the Japanese commander Admiral Nagumo, hoped to catch the entire fleet in port. As luck would have it, the Aircraft Carriers and one of the Battleships were not in port. (The USS Enterprise was returning from Wake Island , where it had just delivered some aircraft. The USS Lexington was ferrying aircraft to Midway, and the USS Saratoga and USS Colorado were undergoing repairs in the United States).

In spite of the latest intelligence reports about the missing aircraft carriers (his most important targets), Admiral Nagumo decided to continue the attack with his force of six carriers and 423 aircraft. At a range of 230 miles north of Oahu, he launched the first wave of a two-wave attack.

Beginning at 0600 hours his first wave consisted of 183 fighters and torpedo bombers which struck at the fleet in Pearl Harbor and the airfields in Hickam, Kaneohe and Ewa. The second strike, launched at 0715 hours, consisted of 167 aircraft, which again struck at the same targets. At 0753 hours the first wave consisting of 40 Nakajima B5N2 "Kate" torpedo bombers, 51 Aichi D3A1 "Val" dive bombers, 50 high altitude bombers and 43 Zeros struck airfields and Pearl Harbor.

Within the next hour, the second wave arrived and continued the attack.

Posted by Wild Thing at December 7, 2007 10:47 PM


The Japs got their two hours of glory but FAILED in not sinking our aircraft carriers. A few year's later... we turned up the HEAT in Hiroshima and Nagasaki! Godzilla Sucks 1941.
I flew my flag today and wrote a fitting tribute for the greatest generation WT... God Bless all of them! Some of us will never ever forget.

Posted by: darthcrUSAderworldtour07 at December 8, 2007 02:40 AM

And Japan opened the door for America to become the greatest nation in the world. The aftermath of the attack showed that America's freedom made Americans the most motivated people on earth.

Posted by: TomR at December 8, 2007 03:04 AM

WE were outraged by the Jap attack on 12-7-41,
and where's the outrage after 19 islamomaniacs killed 2,996 Americans on 9-11-01? Degeneration X is perverted, doomed and pathetic!!!

Posted by: drstrangeloveb52isok at December 8, 2007 06:29 AM

There's so much to say...We ended up kicking their Jap asses!

My Dad was not there at the time. Though he visited the memorial much later.

My sentiments exactly drstrangelove!

Support our Troops!

Posted by: patrickdaniel at December 8, 2007 08:01 AM

I write this in defense of the "X-Generation".

It is a similar comparison to align Pearl Harbor to the attacks on 9-11. We had the twin towers hit almost simultaneosly the Pentagon and one plane went down in Pennsylvania.

In contrast December 7, 1941, the Japs attacked Pearl Harbor, also they started an attack on Wake Island. On December 8, 1941 the Philipines came under attack .

On December 21 Wake Island fell to the Japs. and the 14th Japanese Army landed on the Philipines.
MacArthur gave his I shall return speech on April 9 , 1942.

So for 6 months the American People had nothing but bad news. Defeat after defeat.

Then on April 18th 1942, General Doolittle put into operation his surprise raid over the main Island of Honshu. It did little damage to the Japs but it sent a message to the japs that we were coming and it was one hell of a shot in the arm for the American People.

By contrast today we have the best fighting force in the world. Made up of primarily of Generation X'ers. They are all Volunteers, and are the best trained, ever.

With the Attacks on 9-11 these kids went to their recruiter and signed up similar to the 'boys' of '41.

This is where the similarities end. In 1941, you got to remember there was no television, everyone Watched the Radio, that's right we watched the radio and yor imagination did the rest. So imagine for 6 straight months getting nothing but bad news, this will certainly change the perception of the public.

Today we all watched the attacks on Television, this happened for one day and was repeated. But the attacks were not repeated. Then OUR Elite MSM took over and started down playing what had happened. This rotten leftist media has crafted this impression of the X generation and the American people have been played like a fiddle.

I don't believe these kids,... Men in uniform are any less dedicated than they were in 1941. If you talk to anyone who served in Iraq or Afghanistan they are committed to their cause and the effort.
They have to put up with the leftists pigs who want to destroy the United States, there message has not gotten out.

This is in total contrast to that of World War 2. They come home are are protested in some quarters and the morons who protest funerals. This of course wouldn't have lasted long 65 years ago.

No it is not the X generations fault, but the fault of certain leaders who think they can benefit politically from opposing the President, from both parties.

Support our troops, you damn right I support them.

Posted by: Mark at December 8, 2007 01:54 PM

I'd say about 75% of the deployed troops in Afghanistan and Iraq WANT to be there and carry out their undrafted duties, but on base I witness the other 25% of "I'm in it for the money and education and bennies" phonies. These are some sorry ass bastards and F - Troopers all the way! These 25%ers are the degeneration x phonies I'm talking about, not the other 75%ers!
I doubt the ... "best trained and best equipped" cliche because the Green Zone Generals and Pentagon elites won't let our forces go ALL F'N OUT and FIGHT TO WIN... TO END this islamo bullshit once and for all! But... we can respect our different views and agree to disagree!

Posted by: darthcrUSAderworldtour07 at December 9, 2007 12:12 AM

Darth that is wonderful about writing the article. I hope parents today share with the very young what this day meant in our history and Japans as well.

Posted by: Wild Thing at December 9, 2007 01:07 AM

Tom, your right, our enemies should read history and learn how our country and it's people react when attacked.

Posted by: Wild Thing at December 9, 2007 01:10 AM

drstrangeloveb52isok, what ticks me off the most are the way our politicans are doing their damndest ( heck I can't even spell the stupid word) to mess with our troops minds and morale.

I know our troops say they are ok, but they shouldn't have to be hearing that crap from Ried, Murtha, Kennedy, etc. I want those doing this to be treated as the traitors they are and I mean a vicious punishment for them.

Posted by: Wild Thing at December 9, 2007 01:21 AM

Patrick, it is an awesome and very moving memorial. I am glad your Dad got to see it.

Posted by: Wild Thing at December 9, 2007 01:26 AM

Mark, I agree.

Last night I was listening to the radio like I always do late at night when I am working on the blog. I heard a man speak about how the things happening today would not have been tolerated after the Pearl Harbor attack. He listed many things like Reid, Murtha, Kennedy, Pelosi, Code Pink, Soros, etc.and what they have all done and said.... how no way would those people even been allowed to show themselves in public if they tried the stuff they have done and said in the war we are in today.

These traitors like Reid etc. imo should be shot for treason. Reid sayiing how proud he was to stop the Patriot Act etc. oh my gosh and he was not even shamed for it.

Posted by: Wild Thing at December 9, 2007 01:38 AM

"The French are governed by prostitutes." - Mark Twain... So we are governed by pimps and prostitutes WT! Mitt, Rudy, John or Duncan will straighten the left-wingdings out next November 4th... God is a conservative and AMEN!

Posted by: darthcrUSAderworldtour07 at December 9, 2007 02:45 AM